Monday, June 13, 2016

Books read in 2016: No. 23 -- Astro City #1/2

by Kurt Busiek

art by Brent Anderson and Alex Ross

Started: June 13
Finished: June 13

Notes: I read much of the original run of Astro City back in the mid-90s and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but only now am I getting around to reading the prequel issue, issue #1/2. Should have read this years ago.

Mini review: There's no super hero action here, but it is a touching tale of a man who dreams about a wife he never had. Sort of. Kind of. As a widower, yes, I found this one moving. The writing is solid and the artwork is impeccable, as was always the case with Astro City, but this is a stand-alone tale and not necessary for the enjoyment of the overall series.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

got in a few graphic novels to read myself over the next couple of weeks.