Started: Sept. 27
Finished: October 8
Notes: I just finished this authors' novel The Great Divorce and found it interesting enough to want to consider reading further of his material. Outside of his Narnia fantasy novels, this Christian fiction is perhaps the author's best known work. This novel is about a demon writing letters to his son, but the demon eventually comes around to a Christian point of view. Or so I've heard. I'm looking forward to this one.
Mini review: Turns out it was a demon uncle writing to his nephew. This one could grow monotonous as its just letter after letter, but those letters did provide an interesting look at how our lesser actions or thoughts can become sins. The best part was the final chapter, which was not a letter but a speech from the demon named Screwtape, and it sounded very prescient to our day and age despite having been written about seventy years ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment