Friday, January 15, 2010

No. 3 - American Rebel

by Marc Eliot

Started: January 15
Finished: January 18

Notes: This is not the first Clint Eastwood biography I've read, though it is the most modern one, coming soon after his film Gran Torino. I've always found Clint intriguing not only as an actor, but for his choice of movies he decided to be a part of. And he is, in my opinion, one of the last of the great iconic actors.

Mini review: It would seem Clint was a right bastard, at least until he became an older man. I won't go into detail, but he screwed around with lots of women, even while he was married, and apparently had a tendency to blame everyone but himself whenever things didn't go his way. But all that's according to this biography, though it more or less matched things I've read about Eastwood in other books. Here, the writer held few punches against Clint, though also he didn't go out of his way to attack the famed director/actor. A decent read, but mainly for fans of Eastwood. Serious scholars of cinema are probably not going to learn much here, in my opinion.

No comments: