Monday, June 19, 2023

Beer of the Week: Green Bench Postcard Pilsner

Beer score: 7.4

Company: Green Bench Brewing Co.
ABV: 4.7
IBU: 35

Of late I've not tasted any really good beers, so I was glad to run across this one on tap in a local brewpub.

Pours a pale golden color, almost lemony, with a little flowery smell but honestly, not much smell.

Tasted smooth and cool, crisp with a light sweetness. The barest hints of caramel and bread also come across in the flavors.

I quite enjoyed this one, though I'll admit it's probably not for everyone. It's not a particularly unique beer, and it's not very strong, so those who prefer their brews with heft and who enjoy discovering something different, this one might not be for you. But I found it great for a meal, perfectly light for seafood especially, and it could make a good cooling-down beer after working out in the yard all day.

I'd drink more, for sure.

No comments: