Friday, March 16, 2007

Editing

It's amazing to me how I can look at some text I wrote six months ago, and some of it is godawful, but some of it isn't too bad.

I've been doing only editing lately, the first big edit, on the third book of my trilogy. This first edit I do on paper, because I think it enables my eyes to catch more. It's funny how some chapters I breeze through with only a little tweaking here and there, while other chapters ... let's just say the pages look as if they're bleeding. A vampire could grow hungry.

Anyway, I'm on chapter 12 of this third book. Only twenty more chapters to go in the whole trilogy, but I expect some of those to need the most rewriting of anything I've ever written. Just have to wait and see how some of those words appear to my eyes six months later.

No comments: