Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a little sweet, a little sour

The artwork here comes from cyn at her a little sweet, a little sour blog. It is titled orchid dance.

I fell in love with this piece as soon as I saw it, and with cyn's permission I wanted to put up a blog post about it to share with others.

I love the simple elegance of the work. As I mentioned at cyn's blog, it's almost like I'm catching one frame of a much bigger, very important story with a secret ... a secret of the gods I called it.

Cyn blogs about writing mostly, but also about travel, her artwork, photography, family life and whatever she wants. She's someone I don't know personally, but have had the pleasure of knowing through blogs and sfreader.com postings for some little while now. I'm glad I know her. Orchid dance alone is worth the friendship.

And if her writing is as good as her art, I expect big things out of her.

If nothing else, she can tell you all the different countries she's had sex in.

2 comments:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Now I see this more as swan stretching skyward and leaving cat-o-nine-tails behind, but either way I like it too.

cindy said...

ty, haha on the last sentence. haha!!

thanks for sharing my art with everyone. orchid is one of my favorite subjects to paint. definitely.