Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The ideas won't stop coming

After several weeks of griping about not being able to write short stories because I've been in novel-writing mode for so long, now I can't STOP getting ideas for short stories.

I recently finished the first draft of a dark modern fantasy piece I'm planning to submit to a certain Swords anthology I was supposed to submit to a year ago. Doh! I'm not sure the piece is something they'll want, but at least it's sort of reminiscent of Karl Edward Wagner's later Kane stories set in modern day.

And then I've got an idea for a sword and sorcery story for the same anthology. Plus I've two modern ideas for stories, these two also dark modern fantasies.

I even dreamed a short story the other night, and that's only happened to me once before, about 15 years ago.

Okay, enough blogging. Back to work.

No comments: