Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Showing the love

Writers of short stories need to not only write, but they also need to read, especially in whatever genre they might have decided to focus upon.

To this end, writers need to support ezines and smaller-circulation publications by purchasing copies and supscriptions. This helps to ensure the writer will have a place to submit stories. Just makes sense.

Even if you don't have a lot of money for subscriptions, much like myself, you can still pick up a copy at your local magazine racks and/or book stores. I myself sometimes pick up Black Gate, or Paradox and Apex Digest. Other magazines are also available from time to time and I try to snag one of those when I can afford it.

So, lend a hand to your fellow spec lit fans and editors. Buy some of their product. Besides, you're only helping yourself in the long run.

No comments: