Saturday, September 01, 2007

No. 35 - Scaramouche

by Rafael Sabatini

Started: September 1
Finished: September 15

Notes: I've never read any of this author's work, and have been meaning to for years. This is one of his most popular novels, so I figured this is a good place to start.

Mini review: I heartily recommend this book, especially for anyone who happens to be a Dumas fan. Scaramouche is sort of a lesser version of Edmund Dantes in a lot of ways, driven by a thirst for vengeance, though he's not nearly as scheming as Edmund. Still, lots of intrigue, a goodly amount of action, and most of the exposition is short.

1 comment:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Hey! I picked this up last month in hardcover, something like 1950s or so. Goble and TW like it and say I will, but I've never read Sabatini yet, either. It's not very high in my stack of TBRs, but I'll definitely be interested in your comments.