Monday, December 03, 2007

No. 46 -- Red Prophet

by Orson Scott Card

Started: December 4
Finished: December 11

Notes: Because I am a glutton for punishment, and an idiot, I have agreed to read this book. Even though it's the sequel to the worst book I've read this year. A certain person promises me this book is much better. I didn't believe her, but then even the blurbs on the book say it's much better. I'll give it a shot. What's a week or two of my life?

Mini review: This book is a much better novel than the first one in this series, but I'm still glad to be done with it. I'm thinking Card isn't going to be one of my favorite authors. Still, Tecumseh shows up in this book and is a major character. If you don't know who Tecumseh is, find out here. Usually when Tecumseh shows up, lots of white people die. Which is always fun! Right, kids?

2 comments:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

a long time with that kind of build up. I don't know if I could do that. How's that go? Burn me once, your fault, burn me twice, my fault?

Ty said...

In my defense, so far this book is turning out to be a lot better. It’s still not the greatest thing I’ve ever read, but it’s a huge improvement over that sucky first novel.