Saturday, February 02, 2008

I'm Lost yet again

I don't talk much here about television, but I feel this is related to writing.

At the end of the last season of Lost, I swore off the show and cursed the writers, producers, directors, actors, everybody who had anything to do with the product. I was pissed. Big time. I felt three years was long enough. It was time they started giving me some real clues about all the mystery behind the show. But did that happen? No, it did not. The third season ended with nothing answered, and I was frustrated because nothing much seemed to happen each episode; there'd be one little hint about something, but nothing concrete, and another twenty mysteries to add to the never-ending pile of mysteries that keeps growing and growing.

I swore I'd never watch the show again.

Then this week I came home from work late one night and my other half told me she had recorded the show and I really needed to watch it.

So, without the Internet to distract me and on the recommendation of my significant other, I watched the show.

This is where I'll start weeping.

Damn those Lost writers. Damn them. They've got me hooked again.

5 comments:

Tam said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. But HvonD refuses to get re-hooked with me. We've both been frustrated for a long while. He's ticked, too, and VERY stubborn about it!

Ty said...

Tell him a squad of Marines parachute onto the island and I bet he'll bite.

Oh... HvD, if you're reading this, a squad of Marines parachute onto the island.

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Hey! Gangin' up on me?!?!?!?!

And here I was coming to post that I hadn't even seen a second of the new season and my significant other didn't say boo to me about having to watch it - so I didn't expect the ambush I received.

On the other hand, if you want me to cease working on this pesky book I've been putting together and start watching TV again, I guess I could do that . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. .

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

oh, and Marines don't parachute.

we just jump.

Ty said...

Well, hopefully you jump with a parachute on.

Or the helicopter is awfully close to the ground.

Oooooor, Marines are a lot tougher than even I thought.