Friday, May 09, 2008

Colt .22 pistol

This is a nice, fun little gun for plinking away at cans. It was never a favorite of mine, but I appreciated the Colt craftsmanship despite my feeling that this handgun was always a little loose. Its various parts and such always seemed to jiggle and clink a bit, but .22s often seem to be that way, just a little on the cheap side, especially the pistols.

Still, this firearm never jammed on me once, which is more than I can say for a lot of .22 pistols I've tried over the years.

This is not a weapon you would want to enter combat with. It's basically a weapon for target practice, not something you'd want to depend upon to protect yourself or friends or family. For anyone reading this who doesn't know, .22 bullets are one of the least powerful that can be purchased, and they're not very big, so they're not overly dangerous, relatively speaking. Yes, a person can be killed by a .22, but the chances are slim when compared to other, larger and more powerful calibers. It's still a deadly weapon, after all.

So, I liked this firearm enough, but it was no favorite. It's a solid gun, but I'm not likely to purchase another when they're are plenty of other choices to pick from in the .22 department.

No comments: