Thursday, July 10, 2008

No. 18 - City of the Dead

by Briane Keene

Started: July 10
Finished: July 13

Notes: This is a writer I've been meaning to get to for a couple of years. Apparently he's the next big thing in horror, and has even been called the next Stephen King. But hey, who hasn't? Honestly, I've heard lots of good about this author, so I felt it was time I got into some of his material.

Mini review: A darn fine read. Kicks off with action and pretty much stays with it until the end. Most of this is action and dialogue, with very little exposition, making it seem somewhat like a screenplay, which is a type of writing pretty common in novels nowadays. I wouldn't say Keene is the next Stephen King, but I can see why he has a following. I'll give him another try one of these days. What the heck? He writes about zombies, and I love zombies.

No comments: