Thursday, February 05, 2009

Stephen King quotes

Okay, I finally have to do it. Here are some quotes from Stephen King, likely the best-known author in modern times. Some of this is from fiction, some not. Enjoy.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying. "

"God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live."

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries."

"I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."

"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty."

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, 'Why god? Why me?' and the thundering voice of God answered, 'There's just something about you that pisses me off.' "

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed."

"Go then, there are other worlds than these."

"I believe the road to hell is paved with adverbs."

"If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write."

"When a good writer is having fun, the audience is almost always having fun too."

"No one ever does live happily ever after, but we leave the children to find that out for themselves."

"You must not come lightly to the blank page."

"Life is not a support system for art. It is the other way around."

No comments: