Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No. 32 - Serial

by Jack Kilborn and Blake Crouch

Started: June 16
Finished: June 16

Notes: This is a first for me. I'm actually going to read an e-book. This book has been quite hot on Amazon of late, leading the Kindle sales much of the last few weeks. It helps that this book is free, but the publishing companies have been pushing it I've heard, and Jack Kilborn is a pretty good writer, though I can't yet vouch for Blake Crouch because I'm not familiar with him. Anyway, I've download a free version of this book, and you can too. Serial is also available for free from the authors' Web sites. If you like horror, this short e-book could be for you. I know I'm giving it a try.

Mini review: What happens when a serial killer hitcher gets picked up by a serial killer driver? Find out the answer in this book. Fans of splatterpunk will love this short book! The writing is solid, the two authors having worked well together. Readers who don't like a little red stuff in their reading should shy away, but horror fans will enjoy. It was a blast to read. Quick and fun. I've read Kilborn's stuff before, and will again, but now I'll also have to check out more work by Blake Crouch.

No comments: