Saturday, August 01, 2009

No. 37 - Little Brother

by Cory Doctorow

Started: July 31
Finished: August 6

Notes: This is a book, and an author, that's drawn tons of attention the last few years in science fiction literary circles. Thought it was time I checked out the book and the writer.

Mini review: I think my expectations were too high for this book. It was a decent book, but I felt like I was supposed to become caught up in some kind of anti-government, rebellious attitude. At for the most part, I wasn't. But the mantra of the young characters in the book is "Never trust anyone over 25." And I'm quite a bit past 25. So maybe I just didn't get it. Still, this was an okay read, but not a great read, in my opinion. To me, it felt as if the messages in this novel hit a little too hard. But maybe I would have felt differently a few years ago when this book would have seemed a little more relevant (not that it's not relevant today).

No comments: