Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No. 16 - Memories of Ice

by Steven Erikson

Started: March 24
Finished: April 7

Notes: Yep, I'm still continuing my Malazan reading. This is the third book in this series, but now the fourth in the series (and the fifth Malazan novel overall) that I've read. Good stuff.

Mini review: I loved the first half of this novel, then got bored with it for a couple of hundred pages, but then it turned around and had one of the best endings I've read so far in any of the Malazan novels. I was looking forward to taking a break from Erikson's writing as I didn't want to become burnt out on the series, but now I'm left wanting more! Maybe a short break won't hurt, but I've got to get back to the next book.

1 comment:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

This is one of my all-time faves, my first (qualified) 10-rated novel.