Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No. 24 - Demons: A Clash of Steel Anthology

Demons: A Clash of Steel Anthology
edited by Jason M. Waltz

Started: July 28
Finished: August 19

Notes: I received this collection of Sword and Sorcery tales in the mail today, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I've been slogging through War and Peace for months now, with a few forays into other literature from time to time, and it was time for a break. I needed some good, strong action reading, and this collection from Rogue Blades Entertainment is sure to excite. How do I know this? Well, first of all, I'm familiar with this publisher and know what to expect. Second of all, my story "Kron Darkbow" appears in this anthology, so I know it's got to be good. Also, one of the nice pleasures about a book like this is I can read a few stories then go back to War and Peace for a while, then get back to this anthology, then back to War and Peace and so on. It'll be a nice breath of fresh air from time to time when I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the literary masterpiece (and it is) of War and Peace.

Mini review: Some fine reading here. I was glad for the break from War and Peace, but now I'll get back to it. Find a longer review on Demons: A Clash of Steel Anthology right here.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've heard good things about this one.