Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reality sometimes intrudes

I've been away from all computer access for the last few days. Been busy moving, yet again, and that with a few other things have kept me busy and tired.

But I'm back online and at the keyboard now. I've still got plenty of unpacking to do, but normalcy will eventually become ... well, the norm ... once again.

I've not written anything in about four days, so that kind of sucks. But it's not that big a deal. I like to write every day because it helps to keep the old mental juices flowing, but I've pretty much moved to a point in my writing where I can skip the actual writing process for a while and then get back into it without too much of a mental fuss.

So, that's been my reality of late.

Reality of the future is also hitting me, and not kindly.

I really, really, really wanted to go to the World Fantasy Convention in Columbus, Ohio, this year. I had plans for it. I like Columbus, and this is probably the closest the convention will ever be to where I actually live.

But did I mention above that I just moved? Yeah, I'm no longer near Columbus. And frankly, I just don't have the cash at the moment to shell out for such a long trip.

Ah, well. Life goes on.

On the plus side, I had a boost in my Amazon sales while I was offline. That's seems to happen every time I go offline for a few days. Maybe I should stay away more often.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've been to one World fantasy con and loved it. Would like to go again, though.