Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pubit now available

For those of you who publish online, Pubit from Barnes and Noble is now available as of today.

What is Pubit?

It's an online site that allows you to self-publish your own e-books, somewhat similar to Amazon's DTP site.

So, if you already publish online or are thinking about it, check out Pubit and let me know what you think.

I'm testing the waters with one of my short story collections. So far the setup was pretty easy, but it probably helped that I'd been through this before with Amazon. I'll update as the situation goes along.

But while we're waiting, I will outline the basics of how the money works with Pubit:

Publishers get 65 percent of the cover price for prices between $2.99 and $9.99.
For all price below or above that range, the publisher receives 40 percent.

So, it's pretty comparable to Amazon at this point.

No comments: