Sunday, November 07, 2010

My senior moment

So I'm browsing through a used book store yesterday when I realize the song playing in the store is from Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness album. I like the album, so I hung around to see if just the one song was playing or if it was the whole album.

It was the whole album. Which was great for me, because I hung out to hear four songs total, and it was great for the store because it kept me in there longer and I ended up purchasing a couple of more books than I would have.

As I'm checking out at the front counter, I realize there's only one person working the entire store, a young twentysomething, which is no surprise since there's a university dorm literally just across the street.

I compliment on his music, and thank him for it.

He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Yeah, I love the old stuff."

Cringe.

Then I realize when the album came out he was probably just out of diapers.

Hey, at least somebody still listens to good music, even if it is "old."

No comments: