Monday, November 08, 2010

No. 27 - Becoming an Indie Author

Becoming an Indie Author (Smart Self-Publishing)by Zoe Winters

Started: November 8
Finished: November 12

Notes: If you are trying to make it as an indie author, aka a self-published author, in this modern digital world, you really need to be checking out the blog of paranormal romance indie author Zoe Winters. Though I don't normally read paranormal romance books, for some little time now I've been following Zoe's career and some of her advice. Because she has a lot of good advice to give! Zoe can be quite opinionated at times, but I find her funny instead of aggressive, and in my experience she only gives out grief to people who deserve it. Anyway, Zoe recently released this e-book about her path to successful indie writing/publishing, and I couldn't turn down an opportunity to read it.

Mini review: Indie author beginners, I highly recommend this little e-book. No, it won't hold your hand and tell you every single, little step to take, but it's not too far from that. At the least, this e-book offers plenty of good advice, and it points you in the right direction. Wish I'd written it, honestly.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check it out. I need help for sure.

Anonymous said...

It's a great book!

Zoe Winters said...

HAHAHA @ "only gives grief to those who deserve it." I never attack first. I just bite back. :P

(Though I think the problem is that some people confuse opinions toward general ideas with personal attacks.)

Thanks for the shout out!