Saturday, July 09, 2011

"Bayne's Climb" draws some attention

Bayne's Climb: Part I of The Sword of Bayne"Take a fascinating glimpse at the process of a pulp-style writer growing as an artist and learning to create something that is beautiful as well as exciting."

Those are some of the words of author Brent Nichols writing about my experimental fantasy novel, Bayne's Climb: Part I of The Sword of Bayne.

For Brent's full account of my novel, check out this link.

I'm glad he liked the book. And I'm glad he "got it."

Cinderella's BluesWhenever someone else can get a glimpse of what I am trying to accomplish with a particular piece of fiction, that to me is a highlight of being a writer, one of the best things about being a writer.

I also like it when readers take away things unintended by myself. I find it fascinating what those who perceive art can come away with.

For example, the song Blackbird by The Beatles, mainly a work of Sir Paul McCartney. To me, this is a song about death, but also a song that deals with setting someone free to go on to better things. But Paul has said more than once that Blackbird is about the civil rights movement of the U.S. in the 1960s. Go figure.