Monday, December 05, 2011

Books read in 2011: No. 54 - A Space Between (A Tale of the Endlands)

by Scott Fitzgerald Gray

Started: December 5
Finished: December 5

Notes: This little e-book is a freebie preview of a larger collection from Scott Fitzgerald Gray, a fellow member of the Monumental Works Group. I couldn't turn down an opportunity to read another member's work.

Mini review: This was simply awesome. This is the best work I've yet experienced from an independent fantasy author. There's tons of intrigue, enough action to keep my interest, magic that overlays but doesn't overtake the story, a darkness I found chilling and more. Simply well written. My only slight complaint would be that I did not care much for the characters, but then, I don't think these were characters we are meant to like.

No comments: