Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 28 - Curious Myths of the Middle Ages

by Sabine Baring-Gould

Started: April 2
Finished: April 7

Notes: This freebie e-book was originally published in 1867. Though it's obviously outdated, I still like to look back on what earlier eras thought of even earlier eras. Glancing over the table of contents, I'm at least vaguely familiar with most of the topics to be covered here, but there were a few things new to me.

Mini review: As predicted, not a lot new here for me, but it was an easy enough read and I picked up a few ideas for stories. Not the most exciting of reading, but I've read worse. Also not overly informative, but does cover the basics of a dozen or so myths with many references to older (sometimes much older) sources of information, which was appreciated.

No comments: