Monday, April 09, 2012

Interview with romance author Aris Whittier

1.) Aris, on your blog you call yourself a romance writer. Can you tell our audience some about your writing and your books?

I write several different categories of romance — suspense, cozy mystery, and contemporary. Fatal Embrace, my debut novel, is a romantic suspense that was featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine as a Red-Hot Read. Secrets, my latest release, is also a romantic suspense with a little supernatural twist. Across Eternity is a beautiful love story that tells of love that transcends time. I wrote Across Eternity because it came to me in the most vivid dream. It’s a very special story that I’ll never forget. Most of my fan mail is from this story.

2.) Many indie authors tout the benefits of selling through Amazon, but I noticed your review numbers for your Barnes & Noble Nook books are through the roof. What are your secrets to success over at B&N?

Unfortunately there’s no secret. I’ve found that some books do really well on different sites and there’s no rhyme or reason. I’ve sold just as many books, if not more, on Amazon but the readers just aren’t posting reviews.

3.) The first time I visited your blog, the very first post I saw was about food, specifically about tarts. You won me over right there. Then I noticed your blog is not solely about writing, but is quite the eclectic menagerie. Do you find blogging helps you as a fiction writer? Possibly as an inspiration or simply as writing exercises? Or is blogging mostly a matter of fun and whatever is on your mind at any given time? Or something else?

Those tarts are mouthwatering, aren’t they! I don’t blog solely about my writing simply because I feel my readers don’t want to hear about writing all the time. And I’d run out of stuff to blog about! I find that most readers want to know a little about me — my likes, dislikes, and what I’m doing. Therefore I blog about whatever I enjoy and as you can see that can be almost anything. I find blogging fun and a great way to share and connect with readers.

4.) I see you are also a Pinterest member. Do you find that site useful as a writer?

I joined Pinterest less than a week ago so I’m totally new and just learning. I love the concept and I’m always surfing different boards. As a writer I don’t think I have it dialed in yet, but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it …LOL.

5.) Speaking of food, dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate?

Milk chocolate dipped in peanut butter or on strawberries!

6.) Who are some of your favorite musicians?

I am totally wearing out me Adele CD right now — I can’t get enough of her. The last CD’s I bought were Bruno Mars, Luke Bryan’s, and Tony Bennett Duets II. I think my choice of music is an eclectic menagerie, too ;o). My true weakness is Christmas music by anyone who was in the Rat Pack. In my car right now is Christmas by Michael BublĂ©. It’s been so stormy the last few days it just put me in the mood. My kids nearly threw a fit when they got in the car and heard it …

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've read some pretty good romantic suspense stuff. I'll have to check out her work.