Sunday, May 27, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 47 -- The Butcher's Boy

by Michael Robb Mathias

Started: May 25
Finished: May 28

Notes: I've been on a streak of reading dark novels with a mixture of horror, thriller and paranormal fantasy elements of late, and this one fits the bill. Besides, I've been meaning to read more of this author and here is my opportunity.

Mini review: I have to say, if Mathias can write horror like this, I believe I prefer it over his fantasy work. Not that his fantasy is bad, and honestly I've not read enough of it yet to make any real decisions, but The Butcher's Boy was a pretty strong read. Yeah, sure, like anything it has some things I could pick it, but it had strong characters and a fairly strong plot.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Have not read this author. Lots of good ones out there I've missed, I guess.