Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 49 -- Gladly the Cross-Eyed Bear

by Ed McBain

Started: May 28
Finished: May 31

Notes: Though I'm a big fan of McBain's 87th Precinct novels I've only read one other of his Matt Hope series. This will be the second. I was slightly disappointed with the first Matthew Hope novel I read, Mary, Mary, because it didn't have the hard-boiled edge McBain's earlier police procedural novels contained. However, Mary, Mary was still a decent read, so I thought I'd give another novel in this series a try.

Mini review: My impression remains the same concerning the Matt Hope series. The writing isn't bad, and I've read enough to see how McBain is putting these stories together, put legal dramas just aren't my thing. So, for the most part I'll be sticking with McBain's police procedurals.

No comments: