Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 72 -- Ielle: A Realm of Janos Novel

by Andre SanThomas

Started: August 25
Finished: August 28

Notes: I'm not much of an erotica reader, but this e-book has drawn me for a few reasons. My interest was initially piqued because this is erotica taking place in a fantasy world, so I want to see what the author does with this, the direction the tale takes. Also, I've sampled enough to know the author can write. And I'd like to add, attitude goes a long way, and this author has impressed me whenever I've seen him or her (I don't know which) on blogs or writing boards, etc.

Mini review: This was a damn fine read. The writing is solid, the mystery plot quite interesting, and the characters likable in their own manner. And I had a few chuckles because it dawned on my while reading this why I'm not generally attracted to erotica literature. I enjoyed the plot here, but I'd become frustrated every time there was a sex scene because I felt like it slowed the story down! Ha! This was no failing on the writer's part, as her sex scenes were written well and tasteful, but again, erotica just isn't my thing. For those who enjoy erotica, especially some slight bondage, this should be on your reading list. And even for those who aren't into reading erotica, if you enjoy fantasy, this is an interesting tale in an interesting world, and is worth reading.

No comments: