Friday, December 28, 2012

A different kind of Christmas present

Every year I try to surprise my significant other with a Christmas present that I know she will not expect from me. Some years I'm more successful than others. This year I pulled off the ultimate, giving her something she never would have thought I would have come up with. As you can see below, it's a doll house, about two feet tall. But no, I did not go out and buy this doll house. I had to buy the wood and the instructions for putting it together, but I fitted it together, glued it, and painted it myself. I took me about a month, a few days each week slipping away to my writing tower/cabin where I had everything hidden. I think I did a pretty good job. It's not perfect, and I can find a dozen things I'd like to change, but below it is. I apologize for the awful quality of the images, as my computer's camera isn't all that great.










2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Pretty cool, man. Very romantic. I'm sure she appreciates it. I won't tell my wife how bad you spoil yours. :)

Ty said...

Ha! Not sure about my ability to "spoil." I already had the paints, and the wood only cost five bucks. So, maybe I'm just cheap? :-)