Thursday, February 21, 2013

Books read in 2013: No. 11 -- Fiction Techniques #1: Creating Suspense


by Charles Gramlich

Started: Feb. 21
Finished: Feb. 21

Notes: Author and professor Charles Gramlich has put out a nifty little collection of short e-books concerning the craft at writing, and this is the first of those publications. As the title says, this one is about suspense and how a writer can build it within his or her fiction.

Mini review: Actually, a fun read, and I learned a few new things. The author writes in plain but fun language that is easy enough to follow, and takes an interesting new approach to creating suspense in fiction. I'd never thought of the approach Gramlich uses, and this has given me a new way of thinking about suspense, one I'm itching to try.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Ty, I've very glad you enjoyed. Thanks for the kind words and posting about it.