Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yet another new cover, and an experiment


The above is the new working cover for my 5,000 word short story, "Beneath a Persian Sun." As one might guess considering this is a full cover and not just an e-book cover, yes, I'm planning to publish this one in print. It comes in right at 30 pages.

30 pages isn't a lot. In fact, CreateSpace won't print anything less than 24 pages.

Which is why I'm intrigued at giving this a try. "Beneath a Persian Sun" is already available in e-book format, so why not give it a try in print? As I've stated before, I'm not publishing some of my shorts only to make money, but more as marketing tools. The appearance of these stories on Amazon alone gives me a little more publicity. Also, I can print out a handful of these shorts and give them away to friends, family, fans, and possibly at conventions and other places.

I wouldn't suggest this is the best cover I've ever done, but I think it's okay, and I think it's appropriate for the subject matter. I also think it will stand out more when viewed as an icon at Amazon and other online retailers.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've often given away just print outs of stories at cons, but this is a good idea, to dress them up a bit more.

Ty said...

Yep, that was what I was thinking. Plus, from time to time I'm asked by family or friends if I have something of mine they could read, and I'm thinking something short like this would be the perfect thing to hand over, maybe even as holiday gifts.