Saturday, August 03, 2013

Books read in 2013: No. 38 -- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Started: August 2
Finished: August 3

Notes: I have not seen the Brad Pitt movie this tale is based upon, and really all I knew about it was that it concerned a man who was born with the physical body of an old person and who physically grew younger as he aged, an interesting enough speculative topic. Perusing the free classics for ebooks over at ManyBooks.net a while back, I stumbled across this story, and until then had not realized it had been written by Fitzgerald. At that point, my interest was piqued, so I thought I'd snag it up.

Mini review: Quite the little piece of literature. Very well written. Starts off funny but grows somewhat sad by the end. Glad I discovered this one.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm a bit curious about the book and movie but so far it has not translated into a need to read or see it that I haven't been able to resist.