Saturday, July 02, 2016

Books read in 2016: No. 28 -- Children of the Fog

by Cheryl Kaye Tardif

Started: June 26
Finished: July 2

Notes: I'll let part of this novel's description tell why it drew my interest: "You have 10 seconds to make a decision: Let a kidnapper take your child, or watch your son die. Choose!"

Mini review: A son is kidnapped, possibly murdered. A marriage falls apart. The mother goes off to be away from everyone and everything. Then weird stuff starts happening. It's not a bad plot, sort of Stephen King-ish, and the writing is pretty good, enough so to keep me reading at a decent pace. However, the characters felt generic to me and the ending was a little too everything-works-out-in-the-end-ish for me. Still, I definitely think this author has talent and will be worth checking out again.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I saw mention of this book somewhere else too. Not sure where. The title certainly makes me think Children of the corn. I like it though.