Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Books read in 2019: No. 18 -- The Purpose Driven Life

by Rick Warren

Started: March 5
Finished: March 13

Notes: I go to a lot of used book stores and check out a lot of Little Free Libraries, and in those locales I often find this book, sometimes several of them, which tells me two things, that a lot of people have read this book but that many of them didn't think the book worth keeping. Will it help me with my own drive in life? I don't know, but I suppose I'll find out. I'm not normally into what I think of as self-help/feel-good religious books, but I've been gifted this one twice now, so I'll give it a try. Another funny thing, when I opened this book, I found a rather extensive outline of it handwritten on a sheet of paper inside.

Mini review: I was disappointed by this one. For one thing, I had hope for specifics on how to discover or kindle your natural talents (in this case for God), but there was none of that. Instead, you are handed five purposes for life, all of which are basic Christian beliefs, so I felt there was nothing new here whatsoever. That being said, those looking to boost their faith might find this book of use, but it was not for me.

No comments: