Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Books read in 2019: No. 30 -- Magician's Gambit: Book Three of The Belgariad

by David Eddings

Started: April 23
Finished: April 30

Notes: Having just read the first two books in this series, I thought I'd read the next one, especially as I rather enjoyed that second book.

Mini review: This was my least favorite of the three books in this series I've read so far, mainly because the plot (and characters) seemed to meander about a whole lot, traveling from one place to another without much of anything happening despite the fact the very gods were ordering them about, or at least one or two gods. That being said, the ending made up for a lot and the writing was still pretty strong. Too bad I've only got the first three books in the series as I'd love to read the rest of them, but I suppose that'll have to wait.

No comments: