Monday, January 13, 2020

Beer of the Week: Sudwerk Bavarian Hefeweizen Wheat

Beer score: 5.7

Company: Sudwerk Brewing Co.

ABV: 5.0
IBU: 15

Like many a good hefeweizen, this beer from Davis, California, pours out a nice, light yellow color from the bottle into the glass. Then the drinker gets hit with notes of fruitiness, perhaps even a little spiciness, like oranges and maybe clove working together.

This beer goes down wet with a fairly strong bitterness, and it is light and crisp, as can be expected from a decent hefeweizen.

All that being said, while this is a good beer and fairly enjoyable, it's not an overly special or unusual beer, thus not a higher beer score above. I don't want it to sound as if this is a beer I wouldn't drink again, because I would, but I can't call it the best hefeweizen I've ever had. But there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. They can't all be perfect. And I'd rather have a decent beer than an awful one any day of the week.

No comments: