Monday, February 17, 2020

Beer of the Week Blast from the Past: Rhino Chasers Peach Honey Wheat

Beer score: 7.3

For one reason or another, I've not had much of an opportunity of late to enjoy some beer, but I have notes from old beer reviews from other sites I've written for over the years, so I thought I'd share some of that here.

The first time I tried this beer was back in the 1990s when it was brewed and bottled by the William and Scott Brewing Company of St. Paul, Minnesota. I tried it later when it was brewed by the M.A. Hagerman Brewing Company of Ashburn, Virginia. Either way, this beer no longer seems to be around.

Which is too bad.

I'm not much of a peach fan, and I don't care for overly sweet beers, but this one was neither. I mean, it had a peach flavor, but it was just barely there, present but not overpowering. Also, this brew had a nice frothy feel with that light, sweet taste. It reminded me a little of Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde except peach-like instead of strawberry flavor, but alas, even Pete's is no longer around.

No comments: