Monday, June 29, 2020

Beer of the Week: Omission IPA

Beer score: 7.0

Company: Omission Brewing Co.

ABV: 6.7
IBU: 65

I've tried one other Omission brew (the Pale Ale), and I had pretty good things to say about it. And honestly, I have to say good things about this one, too, even if it is gluten free. And IPAs usually aren't my thing.

First off, it looks, smells, and tastes like an IPA, so don't let the gluten-free label fool you.

In a clear glass, the color of this beer is a cloudy gold color leaning slightly towards the darker side. The smell reminds me of cereal with a touch of fruitiness. More importantly, the taste is very IPA with a medium bitterness and more than a touch of wheat and other grains, along with hints of orange and other citrus fruits.

To add, one of the reasons IPAs aren't often my favorite drink is because sometimes they have a sourness in the aftertaste which I do not overly enjoy. That being said, there's none of that here.

Yes, you can and should drink this.

No comments: