Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Books read in 2020: No. 15 -- The Handmaid's Tale

by Margaret Atwood

Started: June 8
Finished: June 16

Notes: My girlfriend recently read this, thus it was around the house waiting for me, and I've been wanting to read this popular novel for some time now. And no, I've not seen the television show.

Mini review: Interesting. Word of warning, though: There's not really much of a plot. Like the faux-documentary it is sort of supposed to be, this novel is mostly about world creation, with the main character reacting to events more than propelling any plot forward. That being said, events to happen, and the writing is strong enough and the world interesting enough to keep one reading. However, this isn't what most would consider an "entertaining" read, though I also wouldn't label it dull or boring.

No comments: