Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Beer of the Week: Mason Jar Pull Tab Pilsner

Beer score: 6.5

Company: The Mason Jar Lager Co.

ABV: 4.7
IBU: 27

Going into the glass, this beer looks like a traditional premium beer made for the American audience. In other words, it's got a weak golden color to it, and it also has more than a little fizz.

Which meant I was expecting a Budweiser ripoff.

But upon smelling and sipping, I was pleasantly surprised.

The scent isn't overly strong, but there are plenty of hops there with a soft bitterness.

However, upon hitting my tongue, that bitterness grew and grew and grew. No, it doesn't reach the burnt caramel bitterness of a porter or stout, but there's still a clean, smooth, light bitterness that's more complex that I had expected. Also, in the tasting, there are hints of honey and bread.

I would drink this again.

No comments: