Monday, August 17, 2020

Beer of the Week: Lindeman's Strawberry Lambic

Beer score: 9.2

Company: Lindemans

ABV: 2.5
IBU: 12

A lambic is unlike any other beer on the planet. There are good things and not-so-good things about this. Many who don't like beer can still drink a lambic, especially wine drinker. However, new few beer drinkers are turned off of lambics because lambics don't really taste like beer.

If anything, in my opinion, lambics tend to taste like a cider or perhaps a fruity seltzer. And while I'm not a huge fan of ciders or fruity seltzers, I am a big fan of lambics. I not only enjoy a lambic for what it is, but I also appreciate the fact it is a unique type of beer.

And here, Lindemans does not disappoint.

This one pours out a light rose color mixed with a little gold, and the smell is fruity, sweet and tart.

When one drinks this, it is quite sweet, even sweeter than most lambics. This sweetness might turn off some drinkers, but while I don't normally care for overly sweet beers, this one I felt reached right to the threshold of being too sweet but without going over that threshold.

There's definitely a lot of strawberry sweetness here and more than a touch of tartness. I also think I picked up hints of flowers and lemon.

No comments: