Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Beer of the Week: Avery Brewing IPA

Beer score: 6.0

Company: Avery Brewing Company

ABV: 6.5
IBU: NA

Boulder, Colorado, brings us this tasty beverage. Generally, while I love pale ales, I'm not much of a fan of India pale ales because of they often have a sharp, almost grapefruit-like sourness in my mouth. But this IPA is an exception for me.

You'll get a rather large, fluffy head with this one as you pour it, along with a pale golden color and scents of orange and perhaps pine.

The taste has just a touch of that sourness I mentioned above, but not enough to be overpowering. While not overly carbonated, this one does have a fair amount of light froth, which helps it go down easy.

And as a bit of history (for those of you who didn't know), the India pale ale is named after a type of ale shipped to British troops in India during the nineteenth century.

No comments: