Monday, February 01, 2021

Beer of the Week Blast from the Past: Schell's Pils

Beer score: 3.0

I've not had time of late to try some new beers or even to drink beer, but I have notes from a number of beers that are no longer in production. This is one of those beers, though the brewer is still around and produces a pilsener, just not this one.

This one was not a favorite, but I still always hate to discover a beer is no longer on the market. Even if a beer isn't for me, someone might enjoy it.

Anyway, this one was very light and sweet. It had a light yellow color to it and smelled of bread with a hint of maybe orange or lemon. The taste also had a bready quality along with the sweetness.

Not an awful beer but not a great one. Better beers are and were available, so maybe that's why this one is no longer around, but I still felt it was worth trying.

No comments: