Saturday, February 13, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 8 -- The Case for Faith


Started: Feb. 5
Finished: Feb. 13

Notes: I love to study Christian apologetics, of which Strobel is known to be a major writer. That being said, I've read one of his books before and I wasn't a big fan, mainly because I felt he covered ground already covered time and time again by other authors. I'm willing to give him another try, though, and maybe there will be something new here for me to learn.

Mini review: Here Strobel attempts to answer a number of objections to Christianity through interviews with various experts on science, philosophy and religion. Strobel does a quality job of finding answers for the presented concerns, but I always feel as if his writings are a bit simplistic for my taste, that the answers aren't necessarily pat but that they're just touching upon the tip of the iceberg. Of course he's writing for a somewhat general Christian audience, but I prefer deeper material. I'm not opposed to reading more Strobel, but I think I prefer the works of the likes of Josh McDowell or even C.S. Lewis.

No comments: