Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 25 -- Nomads of Gor

by John Norman

Started: June 27
Finished: July 20

Notes: I've never read any of the Gor novels though I've run across them for decades, so I thought now was the time to give one a try. This is the fourth book in the series, originally published back in 1969.

Mini review: Okaaaay. By modern standards, this one is not very politically correct, whether for good or bad depending on one's viewpoint. Issues of slavery and treatment of women are rampant throughout much of this novel, though to be fair the writing doesn't go into detail. For that matter, the writing here wasn't bad ... not great, but quite readable. And honestly, the world building was quite superb. Would I read another Gor novel? Actually, yeah, I might.

No comments: