Monday, August 16, 2021

Beer of the Week: Petty Thieves Dream Spinner

Beer score: 5.6

Company: Petty Thieves Brewing Co.

ABV: 5.4
IBU: NA

I have to admit to being skeptical when I poured this one. It's labeled an "Orange Cream Sour Ale" and it does have something of a cloudy orange juice look to it as it pours from the can into a clear glass.

In the glass it retains some of that orange juice appearance, but mostly it looks like something of a cloudy blonde ale. The scent is not strong, but there are definitely citrus textures there.

Upon drinking, there's no doubt of the orange flavor, but it's not so strong as to be annoying. However, that orange flavor does dominate, so don't expect a lot of beer flavoring here. That can be good or bad, depending upon your expectations and your viewpoint, but this definitely is something different.

Would I drink this again? Sure. Would I go out of my way to purchase it? Hmm, probably not. Would I drink it regularly? Again, probably not. But if you're in the mood to try something out of the ordinary but not too out of the ordinary, this ale should fit the bill. Also, as a pal pointed out to me, this would be a great beer to give those who normally prefer fruity drinks.

No comments: