Monday, October 18, 2021

Beer of the Week: Redhook ESB

Beer score: 3.7

Company: Redhook Brewery

ABV: 5.8
IBU: 28

I've always felt like I should enjoy Redhook beers more than I do, but for some reason they never go over well with me. Oh, they're not awful beers, but coming out of the Seattle scene, I always feel like they should be better than they are on my tongue.

Anyway, this one pours a light reddish color from the bottle into the glass. The smell is bready with hints of flowers.

This brew is sweet and heavy in the mouth. It has too much fizz and goes down a little rough. It'd probably make a decent pub beer to go along with pretzels, peanuts and small talk. Has some caramel flavoring.

For those who don't know, "ESB" stand for "extra special bitter," one of three types of "bitter," an English type of ale.

No comments: