Monday, March 21, 2022

Beer of the Week: Saranac Adirondack Lager

Beer score: 6.9

Company: Saranac
ABV: 5.5
IBU: 22

Decades ago this beer was named "Saranac Adirondack Amber," but they've changed the name slightly. Anyway, when I can find it (which is more difficult since I've moved down South than when I lived up North), I try this one out, as I usually try to do with any number of Saranace beers.

Anyway, this beer pours a light golden color while giving off scents of sweet citrus.

The initial flavor is what makes this beer, but unfortunately that flavor doesn't stay around long. That initial taste is strong and caramel, though not too sweet. The caramel hangs around a little in the aftertaste, but not much. A half minute after you take your last sip, you can't tell if you were drinking a Saranac or a lesser beer.

Still, not a bad beer. I only wish it's flavor would hang around longer, because if it did I would probably give it a higher score.

No comments: