Saturday, August 13, 2022

Books read in 2022: No. 22 -- Shadow of a Dark Queen

by Raymond E. Feist

Started: July 26
Finished: August 13

Notes: So far this year I've read no fantasy, and it's time to correct that. Plus, I've been meaning to read something from this author for a good while now, having heard plenty good about his works.

Mini review: This one surprised me. It started off in what I felt was a fairly generic fashion with a typical story of a village boy who runs into trouble and must flee to go off on some grand adventure, but then about halfway through this novel became something more akin to Glen Cook's The Black Company books, dealing with mercenaries and war, etc. The writing was good, though not great, and I can't say I loved this book, but I also didn't hate it. I'll likely give the author another chance at some point in the future.

No comments: